As I reflect on the first six months leading Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming, it has been a journey filled with learning and enthusiasm. During this period, I was able to visit various stores and meet several franchise owners to gain an in-depth knowledge about our specialized grooming services as well as unique boutique retail experience.
The engagement from the franchisee team within their respective communities left me truly inspired; they’ve created something remarkable through their common love for pets which resulted in a distinctive customer experience at Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming!
Team members, franchisees and partners have blown away my expectations with their contagious passion for our brand. It has been quite an eye-opening experience to see the true capabilities of our brand and business when everyone is fully invested!
In just six short months, the Woof Gang pack achieved some remarkable milestones:
- We achieved another strong year of Same Store Sales in 2022. This growth has completely transformed our business model and our mature stores are now experiencing record-high AUVS.
- We opened 25 new stores, which is twice the historical pace of 12 stores per year. Plus, the new stores are performing better than our previous openings.
- We already have more than 50 stores in development for this year, putting us in a great position to double the number of store openings in 2023. If we keep up our current pace of new franchise sales, we’ll be on track to double again in 2024 and reach 100 openings.
- Woof Gang is moving WEST! We signed our first agreement in California and we’re seeing a huge interest in the brand from one of the largest potential markets in the U.S.
- Woof Gang is going INTERNATIONAL! Our journey towards becoming the world’s first Global Pet Service Brand is underway! We are thrilled to have recently signed our first Franchise Agreement in Canada, and more exciting countries will be joining soon.
- We’re also implementing a new digital ecosystem that will revolutionize the customer experience and drive improvements in the grooming process.
- We’re excited to announce the launch of the Woof Gang Learning Hub, a platform designed to share training, learnings, and best practices with our franchisee community.
- We’re also expanding our Woof Gang proprietary products “All Natural Gourmet Treats Made With Love”
- And most importantly, we’re building a Woof of a Pack—a team that is passionate, experienced and united by our Mission to paint the World Pink, one groom and one treat at a time.
With the great team and partners, we have in place, I’m confident we will achieve our mission of creating the world’s largest network of neighborhood pet stores that spread love and joy to local communities – one groom and one treat at a time.
If you are interested in learning more about opportunities to grow the brand, please reach out. Let’s paint the world pink together and make Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming a happy place for every pet!
Ricardo Azevedo, CEO