A Pet Business Overview
Americans have decided there’s nothing we won’t do to make sure our pets are happy, gorgeous, and healthy. An overwhelming number of us have dogs or cats at home (not to mention fish, birds, reptiles, and other critters). More than mere pets, our animal friends have become valued family members. And we want the best for our family.
The pet industry is thriving because of our devotion to our animal companions. We’re spending lots on toys, food, trainings, boarding, grooming, veterinary care, and more. As our animals play more important roles in our daily lives, the pet industry has opportunities for animal-loving entrepreneurs to turn their passion for pets into profitable businesses.
Six Tips for Owning a Pet-Related Business
Before opening any kind of business, you may wonder if it’s possible to make money, especially while doing something you love. Business-minded animal lovers might gravitate toward turning that passion into a money-making business and wonder how it’s done. Here are six tips for turning your animal dreams into cold hard cash:
- Profits are possible, so believe in your business idea: According to the 2021-2022 APPA Pet Owners Survey, total U.S. expenditures in the pet industry were $123.6 billion. There are 69 million households with a dog, and 45.3 million with a cat. That’s a huge pool of potential customers with money to spend on their fur babies.
- Choose your focus: One of the great aspects of owning a pet business is how many avenues are open. Your business could focus on food and treats, dog walking, pet grooming, or boarding, just name a few. Decide what interests you, what you’re good at, and what you’ll deliver to your customers.
- Know your audience: Once you know what products or services you’ll deliver, you can focus on your target customer. This will help you organize your marketing strategy, your location, and so much more
- Find the right location for your business: Opening where there’s a demand for what you offer is key to generating profits. Find a neighborhood where there’s a need, the means, and an underserved market.
- Create an identifiable brand: Distinguish yourself from the competition. Decide how you’ll stand out by offering something special and being the best at what you do.
- Consider a dog franchise: Franchises offer business owners a readily identifiable brand, a solid business plan, and a structure of support. Buying a franchise has predictable costs, unlike starting your own business, where unexpected events can make costs spiral out of control. A dog grooming franchise like Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming has opportunities for animal lovers like you to open a dog-centered business in your community.
Join a Leading Pet Franchise
Buying a pet franchise like Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming can be better than going it alone. As the leading grooming franchise concept in North America, we groom over a million dogs in a year and have a 4.5 star rating on Google Reviews. Our brand is recognized by pet parents as a trusted destination for grooming needs and quality pet food and treats leading to loyal customers and repeat business.
Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming has some of the best economics in the franchising industry, with franchisees reporting $665,000 in average store sales based on our most recent Franchise Disclosure Document and startup costs ranging from $155,300 to $280,400. We’re currently in 18 states and expanding, presenting an opportunity to grow a hot brand in an in-demand business segment like the pet industry.
At Woof Gang, we’re invested in your success, offering training, marketing support, site selection, and more. To learn more about opening a Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming in your area, request franchise info today.